Hobo Stove (Accessory) Large - fits 'Base Camp' and 'Scout' models
Place this Hobo Stove™ accessory on to the fire base of your 'Base Camp' or 'Scout' Kettle to create a highly effective wood fired Camp Stove.
Any size pot or pan can be used on the Hobo Stove™
Takes up no extra space .... it fits neatly inside the fire base of your kettle for storage. In fact, our cup set fits inside our steel cook pot, which fits inside the Hobo, which fits inside the fire base :-)
Made from 0.7mm Stainless Steel
Weight 0.16kg / 0.35lb
Height 67mm, Diameter 152mm
Note: This Hobo stove will not fit the fire base of the smaller 'Trekker' Kettle.
Availability: En stock
Place this Hobo Stove™ accessory on to the fire-base of your 'Base Camp' or 'Scout' Kettle to create a highly effective wood fired Camp Stove.
- Safe, easy and fun to use: Creates stable cooking surface for pot or fry pan and the fire is safely contained within the unit.
- Fuel efficient: Heat is directed toward the pot or fry pan on the top.
- Works in all weather conditions.
- Uses any solid fuel.
- Compact & Tough: Packs away inside the Kelly Kettle fire-base
Directions for use
1. Place the Hobo Stove on the Kettles fire-base with the wide rim of the Hobo sitting on the fire-base.
2. Face the circular hole of the fire-base into the wind. Face the large 'feeder' hole in the side of the Hobo Stove away from the wind.
3. Add fuel as required via the top, side 'feeder' hole of the Hobo Stove, or via the hole in the fire-base.
4. Place any size pot or pan on the Hobo Stove to cook :-)
Allow to cool fully before packing. Just flip the Hobo Stove over and it fits perfectly inside the fire-base!
The fire-base becomes extremely hot and will scorch the ground underneath. So where possible 'leave no trace'' and set up on a non-combustible surface (like sand, gravel, large stone) or use our simple Support under the fire-base to insulate the ground from the heat.
In an emergency, the Hobo Stove can be used without the fire-base if a surface for cooking is needed. Simply place the Hobo Stove on the ground and build the fire inside.
We recommend the Hobo Stove be used with our Stainless Steel fire-bases as Aluminium fire-bases can warp and melt from the intense heat.
Many of our accessories pack together saving space. The following all pack: Our 350ml cup > inside 500ml cup > inside the large cook set > inside this Hobo Stove > inside the fire base (Base Camp or Scout) > which inverts up into the bottom of kettle itself! Neat, compact storage!
Cost-FREE to run! Never carry fuel again! Never run out of fuel again! Simply gather deadwood, twigs, dry grass, pine cones or whatever natural fuel you find lying around in the area - and cook your meal.
|Item Weight||0.17kg (weight including packaging 0.3kg)|
- Game Changer
- What a stunning addition, I’ve not used the Kelly Kettle enough over the years on account of not drinking many hot drinks. However now I’m a complete convert. Boil the water, pop in the pan and cook. Or make a camp fire coffee and use the embers for bacon and eggs. My daughters now insist every supper we have is now cooked on the Kelly Kettle... (Posté le 12/08/2020)
- Surprisingly Effective
I wasn't expecting great things from the Hobo stove, having been disappointed with the the pot stand, however, with some hot coals left over from boiling the kettle and a ready supply of short, thick twigs, it's surprisingly effective. Coupled with a relatively thin steel 12" frying pan, I had tea and breakfast for 4 made in about 20 mins.
The key is to keep feeding it fuel to keep a steady heat. (Posté le 17/09/2018)
- trouble free, fast
- Have had mine for over ten years, never let me down. The best coffee on the go implement for riverside or woodland excursions ever invented. (Posté le 18/03/2018)
- The hobo stove makes the Kelly Kettle much more versatile. It is a great addition.
I picked up my hobo stove this morning, and since my wife and daughter are at work and school, I promptly gave the stove a try, after a short hike from my house.
The stove appears to be sturdy, like the kettle. It fits very well into the kettle.
I first heated water to cook some freeze dried backpacking food, while at the same time heating some excellent hibiscus tea.
With the water hot, I used the hobo stove to cook my meal. I found that it had very good air flow for burning wood, and retained heat for cooking very well. It was easy to maintain the proper heat to cook within the necessary temperature range for as long as necessary - about 20 minutes in this case.
My initial impression is that, as I expected, the hobo stove makes the Kelly Kettle much more versatile. It is a great addition.
I will send some pictures in a separate email. As you might notice, the one item I am missing is a Kelly Kettle cup. I apologize for the omission. I will soon fix that problem, and buy the cups.
Thanks for a great product,
Robert Laumann, Idaho, U.S.A. (Posté le 06/05/2014)
Prix normal : 8,78 €
Special Price 7,44 €
Prix normal : 60,00 €
Special Price 54,00 €
Prix normal : 80,94 €
Special Price 71,23 €