'Base Camp' 1.6 ltr (Anodised Alu. Kettle) + Whistle + Steel Fire-Base
- Our Large 'Base Camp' Kettle in Anodised Aluminium. The traditional model used by Irish fishermen
- Boils 1.6 liters of water in 3-5 minutes using a handful of Sticks, Pine Cones, Bark, Dry Grass, etc.
- Works in ALL weather conditions.Perfect for Families, Groups, Scouts, Base Camping, Picnics, Garden Allotments, Fishing, etc.
- Great Preparedness Item for Power Shortages, Storms & Emergency Kits.
- A Green Whistle has replaced the older Orange stopper and lets you know when the water is boiled.
- Lightweight - Never carry fuel again! Only weighs 0.8 kg / 1.6 lbs
- Now Comes With Upgraded Steel Fire-Base. Historically, the fire-bases were Aluminium which softened, warped and burned out quite quickly.
- Add our popular Hobo Stove accessory to turn the fire-base into a stand alone wood fueled Camping Stove.
This Kettle boils 1.6 Liters (2.6 UK Pints) at a time and is the size traditionally used by Irish Anglers.
Suitable for Groups, Families, Car Camping, Scouts, Picnics, Garden Allotments, Hunters, 4 x 4 off-roaders, Disaster & Emergency Kits, Humanitarian Aid, or anyone working in the outdoors.
A Green Whistle has replaced the Orange stopper. This whistle will sound off when the water boils.
The Kelly Kettle even works in harsh weather conditions bringing water to the boil within a matter of minutes using whatever solid fuel is naturally occuring in the area - sticks, grass, pine cones, birch bark etc.
No need to carry fuel. No running costs. Users have described these kettles as the 'Greatest invention of all time'. Essential camping equipment. Cost-free, carbon-neutral, eco friendly camping at its very best!
NOTE: Add our Pot-Support & Cook set to cook small amounts of food (Noodles, Rice, Oatmeal, Re-hydrated food, Soup, etc.) over the kettle while your water boils.
Better still, add our Hobo Stove accessory to turn the fire base of your kettle into an efficient stand-alone wood fuelled Camp Stove!
Please see our Accessories category for these products.
Since 01 October 2017 our Aluminium 'Base Camp' Kettles are Anodised. Anodisation is primarily used to toughen up the outer shell of the aluminum. The process creates an aluminium hydroxide layer on the surface of the metal which makes it harder and more resistant to scratches and scrapes.
Fire Base & Drawstring carrying bag are included as Standard with each Kelly Kettle. The durable steel fire base inverts up into the bottom of our kettles to make the unit as compact as possible for transport and storage.
Please note: The Kettle has been designed to boil water extremely fast in all weather conditions using very little fuel. When filled with water, the Kelly Kettle should always be carried upright to avoid any spillage/leakage from the water spout or chimney top.
Older Kettles may have an Orange Rubber or Cork Stopper. These MUST ALWAYS be removed before using the kettle. The Kettle must never be boiled with these older stoppers in the spout.
|Diameter||Kettle width 15.5cm / Widest point of fire base is 18.5cm|
|Item Weight||0.8 kg / 1.8 lb (without packaging)|
|Product Capacity||1.6 Ltrs / 54oz UK|
|Height||34cm / 13inchs (packed)|
- What a brilliant product to have!
- Had a kettle for about 20 yrs before I bought the new 1 which arrived today. 1.6 ltr can't wait to get out and about to use it. What a Brilliant Product to have. Nicest tea ever. love the kettle (Veröffentlicht am 21.02.2018)
- Almost 6yrs Old And Working Brilliantly!
Our new Trekker Kettle etc arrived with us in Southern Spain today in super quick time, now complimenting our base camp which is almost six years old and still working brilliantly.
Our Hobo stove is also a well used bit of kit and is treated as a best friend.
Cant praise Kelly Kettle products and service enough you're doing a grand job.
Peter Wade (Veröffentlicht am 13.04.2016)
Regulärer Preis: 206,49 €
Special Price 185,84 €
Regulärer Preis: 54,65 €
Special Price 46,44 €