Camping in Ireland
Ireland is an ideal destination for camping. With its stunning scenery, mild climate, and abundance of outdoor activities, it is the perfect place to connect with nature and enjoy the beauty of the Emerald Isle.
Choosing a DestinationThere are many different places to camp in Ireland, from the Wild Atlantic Way to the Wicklow Mountains National Park. Some popular areas for camping include:
- The Wild Atlantic Way: This scenic route along the west coast of Ireland offers stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean, cliffs, and beaches.
- The Wicklow Mountains National Park: This park is home to mountains, forests, and lakes, and offers a variety of hiking and biking trails.
- Killarney National Park: This park is home to the famous lakes of Killarney, as well as mountains, forests, and waterfalls.
- Connemara National Park: This park is home to mountains, bogs, and heaths, and is known for its wild and remote beauty.
- Burren National Park: This park is home to a unique landscape of limestone pavements, and is known for its flora and fauna.
Planning Your TripOnce you have chosen a destination, it is important to plan your trip carefully. This includes:
- Packing the right gear: Make sure to pack warm clothes, even in the summer, as the weather can be unpredictable. You should also pack rain gear, as it is likely to rain at some point during your trip.
- Booking campsites: If you are planning on camping at a campsite, be sure to book your campsite in advance, especially during the peak season.
- Getting permits: If you are planning on wild camping, you will need to get a permit from the landowner.
- Being prepared for the elements: Be sure to check the weather forecast before you go and be prepared for rain, wind, and cold temperatures.
- Leaving no trace: Be sure to leave no trace of your camping trip. This means packing out all of your trash and respecting the natural environment.
Enjoying Your TripOnce you are on your camping trip, be sure to relax and enjoy the experience. There are many things to do in Ireland, including:
- Hiking: There are hiking trails to suit all levels of experience.
- Biking: There are many cycling routes to choose from, both on and off-road.
- Surfing: Ireland is a great place to learn to surf, with waves to suit all levels.
- Kayaking: There are many kayaking tours and rentals available.
- Fishing: Ireland is a great place to fish for both freshwater and saltwater fish.
- Stargazing: Ireland is known for its dark skies, which make it perfect for stargazing.
Camping in Ireland is a great way to experience the beauty of the Emerald Isle. With its stunning scenery, mild climate, and abundance of outdoor activities, it is the perfect place to connect with nature and enjoy the beauty of the country.
Kelly Kettle on your Camping Trip
The Kelly Kettle is not your everyday camping stove, you only use natural fuels such as twigs, pine cones and dried grass making your stove camping experience far easier.
Camping gas stove? Not required. Gas for camping stove? Not required.
Please look here for more ideas, tips and tricks and recipes for using your Kelly Kettle.
And for more ideas about Camping in Ireland, Camping IE and more, visit our links page.