'Base Camp' 1.6 ltr (Stainless Steel) + Whistle
- Our Large 'Base Camp' Kettle in Stainless Steel. Includes Kettle + Fire Base + Whistle + Bag.
- Boils 1.6 liters of water quickly using just Sticks, Pine Cones, Dry Grass, Bark, etc. Works in ALL weather conditions.
- Perfect for Families, Groups, Scouts, Base Camping, Outfitters, Family Fun, Fishing, etc.
- Great Preparedness Item for Power Shortages, Storms & Emergency Kits.
- A popular Green Whistle has replaced the Orange stopper on this Kettle and will let you know when the water has boiled.
- Lightweight - Never carry fuel again! 33cm tall. Only weighs 1.16 kg
- Now Comes With Upgraded Steel Fire-Base. Historically, the fire-bases were Aluminium which softened, warped and burned out quite quickly.
- Add our popular Hobo Stove accessory to turn the fire-base into a stand alone wood fueled Camping Stove.
- Please see our Ultimate Kit Offer for best value on a Kettle + all the accessories.
Availability: En stock
This Stainless Steel kettle & steel fire-base boils 1.6ltrs (approximately 6 cups) of water at a time. This size is ideal for Anglers, Car Camping, Scouts, Picnics, Hunters, Garden Allotments, Caravaning Camping gear, Wilderness Survival kits, Humanitarian Aid, or anyone who works or plays in the outdoor.
A popular Green Whistle has replaced the Orange stopper on this Kettle and will let you know when the water has boiled.
Strong with nothing to fail or break, our kettles work extremely well in both good and harsh weather conditions. They are a vital piece of camping equipment for any outdoor person. Using whatever natural fuel is lying around (twigs, dry grass, heather, Birch bark, Pine cones, dry animal dung, etc) our kettles will bring water to the boil within a matter of minutes. Never carry fuel again.
Our kettles are cost-FREE to run, eco-friendly as they operate on carbon neutral fuels, and are great fun to use. Note: Add our Pot-Support & Cook set to prepare small amounts of food (Noodles, Rice, Oatmeal, hydrate food, etc) over the kettle while your water boils. Boil and cook at the same time using only a handful of fuel!
Better still, add our Hobo Stove accessory to turn the fire base of your kettle into a stand-alone wood fuelled Camping Stove.
See our Accessories Category for these products.
Fire Base & Drawstring carrying bag are included as Standard with each Kelly Kettle. The durable steel fire base inverts up into the bottom of our kettles to make the unit as compact as possible for transport and storage.
Please note: The Kettle has been designed to boil water extremely fast in all weather conditions using very little fuel. When filled with water, the Kelly Kettle should always be carried upright to avoid any spillage/leakage from the water spout or chimney top.
Older Kettles may have an Orange Rubber or Cork Stopper. These MUST ALWAYS be removed before using the kettle. The Kettle must never be boiled with these older stoppers in the spout.
|Diameter||Kettle width 15.5cm / Widest point of fire base is 18.5cm|
|Item Weight||1.16 kg / 2.55 lbs (excluding packaging)|
|Product Capacity||1.6 ltr / 54 U.S. fl.oz.|
|Height||33cm (Kettle excl. box)|
- Brilliant system
- Had the basecamp model for years now. I've not found anything that uses biomass type fuels that boils water as quick as a kelly kettle. Recently bought the hobo stove addition and it's great. Does what it's meant to with little to go wrong. Study build quality as well. If the grid goes down or if you are out with the family the basecamp model is a great fall back. Wanting to get the trekker model for when walking. Totally recommended. (Posté le 22/07/2022)
- Used every Tuesday on Volunteer work ;-)
- Hi Patrick and Seamus. I use my 1.6 litre Kelly Kettle every Tuesday when doing volunteer work for the Cotswold Wildlife Trust. We maintain several lakes in the Cotswolds (U.K.) by keeping the footpaths clear and pollarding the willow around the lake edges. It is heavy work and a fresh hot cuppa is most welcome during the sessions. There are usually ten of us working each week. (Posté le 01/02/2022)
- Best piece of kit for outdoor activities
A must buy for anyone who spends time outdoors,ether camping/walking or working. I've had 2 of them for years both aluminium and have done me proud but sadly the basecamp kettle has had its day, so I've bought a stainless steel to replace
So get one be silly not to there brilliant you'll be amazed how quick they boil (Posté le 29/08/2021)
- Kelly kettle
- Best thing I ever had. Got one for my birthday 10 years ago. Just got a new kit 'Base Camp'. A must if you are camping or fishing or hiking. Up Mayo! (Posté le 03/07/2020)
- Your service is truly tremendous
Hello. We received the product on January 30th. The product is really nice. Your service is truly tremendous. Your products are hardly known here. I wish you could sell here. But it still comes from Ireland to our home. I would recommend it to anyone here. Thanks for everything.
Greetings from Turkey.
Mustafa Sucuk (Posté le 01/02/2019)
- Best invention to man
- Don’t go anywhere outdoors with out it. Truly astounded by this bit of kit. Would recommend to anyone who loves outdoor life! (Posté le 28/03/2018)
Took a chance on Kelly Kettle start of December.
When I received it and took it on the shooting Range with me.
Many people really impressed with it and the short time taken to boil.
the exclamations of WOW was many times.
I now have several ask me for details and where to buy from.
You should have had at least five to seven orders since then from Malta.
Good for camping - scouts and hunters and many other sport applications (Posté le 31/01/2018)
Prix normal : 8,78 €
Special Price 7,44 €
Prix normal : 209,76 €
Special Price 188,78 €
Prix normal : 101,62 €
Special Price 98,50 €