FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We will endeavor to ship all orders with 48 working hours (2 working days) of your order. Products are subject to availability and delays may sometimes occur that are outside of our control. Any dates specified for delivery are therefore approximate only. If delivery is delayed for more than 21 days, you have the right to contact us and refuse to accept the Products. In these circumstances, we will refund any money paid by you for those Products and any delivery monies you have been charged. However, we will not be responsible for any other losses, costs, damages or charges that you may suffer if we delay in supplying or do not supply those Products.
Note on Failed Delivery Attempts: Ordinarily, goods are delivered during normal working hours (9 am - 5 pm). If you provide a delivery address, to which the goods cannot be delivered during normal working hours, then the goods/parcel may be returned to us (normally after at least two failed delivery attempts) by the courier/postal service. If this happens, you will be responsible for all shipping charges required to resend the item the second time. If for whatever reason you decide not to have the goods re-shipped, then you will be entited to a refund of the cost price of the goods, but you will not be entitled to a refund of the initial shipping costs for the item.
CLAIMS / RETURNS
When you purchase online, you have a statutory right to return a Product (other than perishable produce) up to 7 days after your order has been delivered (cooling off period). We can change or cancel an order up until it is dispatched. If the order has been dispatched, you can return the Product to us and we will organise a refund (excluding delivery cost). You will be responsible for all shipping charges required to return the unwanted item to us.
If a Product is damaged or faulty please contact us and we will organise a replacement or refund. A warranty card with instructions on how to Obtain Warranty service is inclued with every new kettle.
STAINLESS STEEL Vs ALUMINIUM
Stainless Steel Vs Aluminum
- For decades Kelly Kettles were made from Aluminum, and these kettles have been known to last for literally decades! However, in recent years there has been significant demand, primarily from the North American market, for a Stainless Steel version of our kettle. Hence, we developed and introduced the steel model of 'Base Camp' kettle in early 2009.
- Stainless Steel is slightly heavier than Aluminum however; it is a stronger metal and therefore more resilient to dents.
- The Aluminum kettle boils slightly faster than its steel twin as Aluminum conducts heat faster than steel.
- The Aluminum kettle is cheaper than its Stainless Steel twin.
- Stainless Steel kettles should be dried off and stored in a Dry location to prolong the life of the kettle. There is no need to dry off Aluminum kettles and they require very little care - aluminum kettles have been known to literally, last a lifetime.
- There should be no 'taste' of either metal.
- Note: If you were considering doing a lot of cooking on the fire base, then the Stainless Steel Kettle is the best option. The Steel kettles come with a steel base which is more suitable to cooking than the aluminum base, as Steel has a melting point almost twice that of Aluminium. We already have Stainless Steel Cook sets available which are designed to fit inside the steel bases for transport and we will be launching a new 'Steel 'Hobo Stove' attachment in late 2012 which will make cooking on the fire base even easier!
That’s it really…..the choice is yours!
HOW IS THE KETTLE LIFTED ON AND OFF THE FIRE BASE?
This is the correct way to lift the Kelly Kettle clear of the fire base and flames:
- Hold the handle (with both hands) at an angle of 90 degrees to the body of the kettle.
- Lift the kettle straight up keeping the handle parallel to the ground. The weight of the kettle will ensure that the kettle remains upright and that no water will spill.
- Once the kettle is clear of the base & flames, you can hold the handle in one hand directly over the chimney of the kettle and easily carry the water to wherever it is needed.
- To pour the water, hold the handle in one hand and gently lift on the cork chain to pour.
If more boiling water is needed, simply refill the kettle with cold water and gently place it back on the fire base - again using two hands as shown in the picture below. Refill the chimney with fuel and 'hey presto', your kettle will be boiled again in about 3-5 minutes.
Note:Never put your hands or lift the handle directly over the chimney of the kettle when the kettle is lit, as it can result in a burn.
Can An Alcohol Burner be used with the Kelly Kettle?
Yes. Many Alcohol Burners etc. can be used with the Kettle kettle however you would need to check to ensure that your burner fits into the base of one of our kettles.
Internal Dimensions of Bases: Fire base of our Small Kettle is c. 10.5 cm in Diameter with a working height of c. 10cm before the chimney of the kettle starts to narrow.
Fire base of Large or Medium Kettles is c. 13cm in Diameter and working height of c. 9cm before the chimney of the kettle starts to narrow.
TOP TIP - When using your alcohol/gel burner, partially cover the chimney top of your Kelly kettle with a flat stone to retain the heat, save fuel and speed up boiling time!
Can I cook over the Kelly Camp Kettle if there is NO water in the chamber?
There must always be water in chamber when using the kettle. If you boil the kettle without water in the chamber you could melt the chimney wall and the kettle will be destroyed. The Kettle must always be filled with water before lighting the tinder etc.
Can I order online?
Yes, you can order online through our SECURE WEBSITE (look for the closed Padlock symbol) by clicking here and simply selecting the category of products that you wish to browse or buy.
Alternatively, just select from the 'Our Products' list on the left hand side of every page and add products to your shopping cart as appropriate.
Payment Options are either CREDIT CARD - or - PAYPAL account. 99.9% of our customers simply pay using their credit card.
If you are not comfortable ordering online, we can take Card Payment over the phone - no problem.
When your order is placed we will automatically send a copy of your 'Confirmed' order to whatever e-mail address you provide.
We will send you an e-mail once your order has 'Shipped'. For shipping information click Here.
If you have any problems, please feel free to get in touch with us through our contact us page or use the 'Call me back' facility which is on the right hand side of every page and we will help you out.