Hobo Stove (Accessory) Large - fits 'Base Camp' and 'Scout' models
Place this Hobo Stove™ accessory on to the fire base of your 'Base Camp' or 'Scout' Kettle to create a highly effective wood fired Camp Stove.
Any size pot or pan can be used on the Hobo Stove™
Takes up no extra space .... it fits neatly inside the fire base of your kettle for storage. In fact, the new cup set fits inside our steel cook pot, which fits inside the Hobo, which fits inside the fire base :-)
Made from Stainless Steel Weight 0.16kg / 0.35lb Height 67mm, Diameter 152mm
Note: This Hobo stove will not fit the fire base of the smaller 'Trekker' Kettle.
Dostępność: W magazynie
Place this Hobo Stove accessory onto your stainless steel firebase for safe & efficient outdoor cooking.
This size fits onto the fire-base of the 'Base Camp' & 'Scout' Kettles.
- Safe, easy and fun to use: Creates stable cooking surface for pot or fry pan and the fire is safely contained within the unit.
- Fuel efficient: Heat is directed toward the pot or fry pan on the top.
- Works in all weather conditions.
- Uses any solid fuel.
- Compact: Packs away inside the Kelly Kettle fire-base
- Durable: Made from 0.7mm stainless steel
- Use anytime with or without the Fire Base when you need a surface for cooking. Simply place the Hobo Stove on the ground and build the fire inside
- While the Hobo can be used on an aluminium fire base, you run the risk of overheating the aluminium and ruining that base. We recommend the Hobo Stove accessory be used with our Stainless Steel bases.
- Please note that our older Aluminium Cook sets (no longer in production) will not fit inside the Hobo for packing. Our current steel cook sets do fit, as they have been sized down slightly to fit in and make everything pack together.
Our 350ml cup, fits inside the 500ml cup, which fist inside the large cook set, which fits inside this Hobo Stove, which fits inside the fire base (Base Camp or Scout) which inverts up into the kettle ..... really compact storage!!
|Display Weight||0.17kg (weight including packaging 0.3kg)|
- Surprisingly Effective
I wasn't expecting great things from the Hobo stove, having been disappointed with the the pot stand, however, with some hot coals left over from boiling the kettle and a ready supply of short, thick twigs, it's surprisingly effective. Coupled with a relatively thin steel 12" frying pan, I had tea and breakfast for 4 made in about 20 mins.
The key is to keep feeding it fuel to keep a steady heat. (Dodano 17.09.2018)
- trouble free, fast
- Have had mine for over ten years, never let me down. The best coffee on the go implement for riverside or woodland excursions ever invented. (Dodano 18.03.2018)
- The hobo stove makes the Kelly Kettle much more versatile. It is a great addition.
I picked up my hobo stove this morning, and since my wife and daughter are at work and school, I promptly gave the stove a try, after a short hike from my house.
The stove appears to be sturdy, like the kettle. It fits very well into the kettle.
I first heated water to cook some freeze dried backpacking food, while at the same time heating some excellent hibiscus tea.
With the water hot, I used the hobo stove to cook my meal. I found that it had very good air flow for burning wood, and retained heat for cooking very well. It was easy to maintain the proper heat to cook within the necessary temperature range for as long as necessary - about 20 minutes in this case.
My initial impression is that, as I expected, the hobo stove makes the Kelly Kettle much more versatile. It is a great addition.
I will send some pictures in a separate email. As you might notice, the one item I am missing is a Kelly Kettle cup. I apologize for the omission. I will soon fix that problem, and buy the cups.
Thanks for a great product,
Robert Laumann, Idaho, U.S.A. (Dodano 06.05.2014)
Normalna cena: 210,63 €
Special Price 189,56 €
Normalna cena: 111,24 €
Special Price 88,99 €