Ultimate 'Base Camp' Kit (Stainless Steel) - VALUE DEAL
This Ultimate 'Base Camp' Kit is the best camping kettle for family camping, large groups, scouts, outdoor education, picnics, fishing, hunting, survival kits & emergency preparedness, etc.
Kelly Kettle Ultimate Kits are the best value when purchasing Kelly Kettle products! This Kit includes:
- 'Base Camp' Kettle Includes 1.6 liter stainless steel kettle, fire base and green whistle.
- Hobo Stove - Place this onto the fire-base of your kettle to create a stand-alone wood-fueled stove. Takes up no extra space .... it fits neatly inside the fire base of your kettle for storage.
- Cook Set - includes 0.85 liter Pot with pan/lid, grill set and gripper handle. Place the grill pieces on the fire-base to grill over the coals or, to simply create a base for the Pot/Pan to sit on.
- 2 x Cups - 500ml & 350ml. Single walled Stainless Steel. Compact: Cups have folding handles & pack inside each other. Drink, eat or cook in these cups!
- 2 x Plates - Dishwasher Safe, Stackable, Durable and tough. Suitable for outdoor or indoor use. Rim around the edge protects fingers from getting burned when plate contents are hot. Can be used as a Pan for cooking
- Base/Pot Support (New Model) - Use this to a) Cook fast-cooking items like Rice, Oatmeal, Noodles, Soup etc. over the chimney of your kettle, while your kettle boils. Note: Keep the kettle full with water when using the pot-support over the chimney. Or b) Use it to level uneven ground under the fire-base or simply to eliminate scorch marks to lawns, timber decking & picnic tables.
- Storage Bag
- Please see images of the various items in use.
All items are Stainless Steel and fit neatly within the kettle itself and/or the carry bag for transport / storage.
Please see product description below for the various cooking options that this kit provides :-)
Total Kit weight: 2.26 kg / 4.97 lb
Dostępność: W magazynie
This is an extremely efficient Camping Kit which is suitable for Fishing, hunting, Scouts, fun family picnics, Car Camping, Kayakers. Add it to your wilderness / Disaster / Earthquake or Survival kit. Superb camping gear or for anyone who works in or simply enjoys the outdoors.
The Green Whistle (has replaced the Orange stopper) will let you know when the water has boiled.
This 'Ultimate Kit' includes the following items:
- 1.6ltr Stainless Steel Kettle & fire base. (New model kettle, no rivets & laser welded)
- Cook set - which includes: 0.85ltr Pot / Frying Pan (pot lid) / 2 Piece Grill / Gripper Handle
- Pot / Base Support - two pieces which flat pack for easy packing. Use either as a pot-support over the chimney top for cooking fast items, or use as a support under the fire-base to prevent the ground beneath from scorching!
- Cup set - 500 & 350ml cups with silicone CooLIp pieces, silicone coated foldable handles, measurements on the inside of the cup & polished interior for easy cleaning.
- Hobo Stove - for cooking over the fire base.
- Camping Plate Set (All the accessories are made from Stainless Steel)
- Drawstring carrying bag
Simply fuel your kettle with sticks, pine cones, bark, dry grass, etc to boil approximately 6 cups of water fast outdoors in any weather! Uses a very small amount of fuel to heat water for hot drinks, washing up, personal hygiene, etc.
There are various cooking options with the kit.
1) Use the pot-support to cook fast items like noodles, soup, popcorn, etc over the chimney of the kettle as the water comes to the boil.
2) Once boiled, remove the kettle and place the Hobo Stove on the fire base to create a stable wood stove for use with any size pot or pan. Refuel the Hobo & Base with sticks etc, and cook for as long as you need!
3) Drop the 2 piece grill set onto the fire base to grill chops, steak, sausages, chicken, etc.. Or place a pot on the grill to do some simple cooking.
As there is no need to carry fuel, this kit will keep your pack light and save you money at the same time - never worry about running out of fuel again! All fit neatly within the kettle itself for transport or storage.
For more details on how best to use the various Pot/Base Support, Hobo Stove and Cook set accessories, please click HERE to see each one individually. Our FAQ page may also be helpful. If more than 1.6ltrs of water is required (this kettle will easily and quickly boil water for 10-14 people within a matter of minutes) simply refill the kettle with water and place it back on the firebase. Refuel the chimney again and your kettle will boil again within approx. 3-5 minutes.
Fire Base & Drawstring carrying bag are included as standard with each Kelly Kettle. The durable steel fire base inverts up into the bottom of our kettles to make the unit as compact as possible for transport and storage.
Please note: The Kettle has been designed to boil water extremely fast in all weather conditions using very little fuel. When filled with water, the Kelly Kettle should always be carried upright to avoid any spillage/leakage from the water spout or chimney top.
Older Kettles may have an Orange Rubber or Cork Stopper. These MUST ALWAYS be removed before using the kettle. The Kettle must never be boiled with these older stoppers in the spout.
|Diameter||Kettle width 15.5cm / Widest point of fire base is 18.5cm|
|Item Weight||Total Kit Weight 2.26kg / 4.95lb (excluding packaging)|
|Product Capacity||Kettle 1.6ltr|
- Garden test by disabled user
Ok i am not a techno person just worked out how to do the review here sorry guys , Ok build quality first , i was very surprised not all sharp edges i guess the hobo stove part had a couple but a quick rub over with an emery board nail file all sorted so it has to be a big 5* , as for user ease my wife and i are both disabled my wife has arthritus and has managed to pour water and make a brew no issues so tells you it is easy to hold she did struggle at first i had to make sure she never put her hand over the chimney but now she is ace with it so ease of use 5* , Value well i have priced a few of these up and while some come close to Kellys price check out their build quality , in the kelly they even join the 2 parts of the rack others leave it as 2 parts and yup i guess one part will go missing so kelly have thought it out before making it .
My wife did point out no cutlery as a minor moan but again if they put them in the price would have to go up so again i see why no cutlery .
Would i recommend these to others 100% i would they are great i will be making sure people know about Kelly Kettles buy one and never look back ,we now plan on carrying it in the boot of the car because if you get stuck ever in a jam or well broken down we always have water with us and a brew kit so now this means pop to a safe place behind a barrier and whip up a brew and watch others come asking lol .
PS another little use was if you carry an old pillow case or towel once you have finished using the kettle while it is still hot wrap it in a towel or pillow case and pop in the sleeping bag to take the chip off , yes preppers do multi task things (Dodano 11.04.2023)
- So impressed
- Just arrived out of the box lit and boiling water in a few minutes, I have a wood fired range for the winter but this will be perfect for heating water to wash up and cooking my meals outdoors in the summer with pruning I bring home from my gardening work. Wow I'm so impressed with the build quality ease of use and how much heat produced from a few pieces of dry wood. I'll have a go at cooking on it tomorrow. I'll soon get my money back on the saving on my electricity bill. (Dodano 04.09.2022)
- Nice camping gear
I have owned a smaller 0.5 liter kettle of a different make in anodized aluminum. That is only suited for one person so I decided to get a base camp model with all accessories as it will do for me and my fiancée who is now pregnant. The kit is also great for emergencies or power outages. Shipping was fast and price reasonable. I like the measurements on the cups, it is a little heavy and bulky for hiking but will fit nicely in a big army Bergen then again the Arctic sleep bags are much heavier.
Overall glad I bought it. I used some paper from some packaging and filled near full, it took about 10 mins to boil. Not as easy to clean as non stick but more durable and will last longer. I just ordered extra pot support to use on the base as well. Ideal for picnic ????. (Dodano 25.06.2022)
- It's a must.
Have been using the Basecamp setup for over a year now and I have no idea how I lived without it.
If you want boiling water fast and you want to look good doing it this is the product for you!
- Well made, solid, and reliable piece of kit.
An outstanding piece of kit. For boiling water outdoors with natural fuels, I can't see anything to beat it.
I've had it for almost two years now.
It's been everywhere from hot dry beaches to cold damp forests and it hasn't let me down once.
Check out my more in-depth written review of it at - https://www.healthincreasing.com/kelly-kettle-ultimate-base-camp-kit-ultimate-review/
Alternatively, check out my more in-depth video review of the base camp kit at - https://youtu.be/xqbEOlna-_0
All in all a quality bit of kit and recommended by me anyway. (Dodano 17.11.2021)
- A kettle with a soul
Excellent customer relation, excellent business and voila my kettle has arrived in perfect condition. I have tried it immediately. I must say that it has boiled water faster than I was expecting. Simply I have looked for an anchor point at where the handle attaches to the body that would be beneficial for hanging the cap without interferring with the handle swinging. Otherwise it can fall off when I turn the handle. Moreover a folding stainless steel spork would complete the kit. You can use it as usual or use it to turn whatever is on the grill.
Anyway I have like this kettle too much. Thank you. (Dodano 06.08.2021)
- Great service great product
- I just received my stainless base camp kettle and i have to say i am impressed. It arrived 2 days early and it is a thing of beauty. I took it out immediately and used a piece of the box and some wet branches to boil some lake water to christen it. It powered thru my abuse and boiled two kettles full in no time! Excellent concept Excellent product! (Dodano 30.10.2020)
- A truly ideal piece of gear...
- After purchasing my first Kelly Kettle (aluminum) I moved up to Thompson, MB to teach. Anyone who knows Thompson, knows that you should never leave town in winter season without a survival gear kit in your vehicle. I now have 2 complete Ultimate Base Camp kits... one for each of our vehicles... AND during the summer months they are part of our kayak/jungle hammock adventure kit. Yeah man! I just love my Kelly gear! (Dodano 15.10.2018)
- Worth every penny
- Very happy with this product. It packs away neatly and heats up well. A very versatile piece of kit that will come in very useful. (Dodano 18.04.2018)