Firebase or Pot Support - Works with all size Kettles (NEW MODEL)
This NEW VERSION Support is multifunctional and allows you to either:
a) Cook fast-cooking items like Rice, Oatmeal, Noodles, Soup etc. over the chimney of your kettle, while your kettle boils.
b) Use it to level uneven ground under the fire-base or simply to eliminate scorch marks to lawns, timber decking & picnic tables. Simply flip upside down and use under the fire-base of the kettle. When used underneath, the support will remain cool to touch while the kettle above it boils.
Note: If cooking on top using the support, the Kettle must always be FULL WITH WATER. Never use the Kettle without water nor allow it to boil dry as it will overheat the inner chimney and may ruin the Kettle.
Fits all Size Kettles & Flat Packs for easy storage.
Made From Stainless Steel
Dostępność: W magazynie
This NEW VERSION Support is multifunctional.
a) This Pot Support lets you place the Kelly Cook Set on top of the Kettle as your water boils, thereby harnessing all the heat that is generated in the chimney and ensuring maximum fuel efficiency. The Kettle works remarkably well in stormy weather - hence the Pot-Support allows for an element of cooking even in extremely harsh weather conditions. If more fuel is required as you cook/boil up, simply remove your pot/pan using the gripper handle (all in our cook set) and feed additional fuel through the Pot Support. You don't need to remove the pot support from the chimney when refuelling. When you have finished cooking, allow time for the pot-support to cool. Then it can be disassembled, flat-packed and inserted up the chimney of the kettle for transport.
Note: Only suitable for fast cooking items such as noodles, rice, oatmeal, soup, rehydrating food, re-heating etc. The Kettle should ALWAYS be full with water when using the pot-support. Once the Kettle boils, remove any accessories (Pot, Support, etc.) from the Chimney top and remove the Kettle from the Fire-Base. You can then continue to cook over the fire base using either a) the grill pieces which come with our Cook sets or, b) the Hobo Stove cooking accessory. The Kettle must always be FULL WITH WATER when using the pot-support. Never use the Pot Support over an empty Kettle nor allow your kettle to boil dry as it will overheat the inner chimney and may ruin your kettle.
But this new version does something else.....
b) Use it to level uneven ground under the fire-base. It can be pressed into sloping ground or a hillside to create a stable and level platform for the Kettle/Hobo Stove. This allows you to boil & cook outdoors without having to find a perfectly level surface, Because it raises the hot fire-base off the ground, scorch marks to lawns, timber decking, picnic tables are completely eliminated. Simply flip upside down and use under the fire-base of the kettle. When used underneath, the support will remain cool to touch while the kettle above it boils.
Made From Stainless Steel
Enjoy Eco-Friendly, Carbon Neutral cooking and Leave No Trace Camping.
|Item Weight||0.18 lbs / 0.08 kg|
- No more scorched earth
- A simple system that does the job well. The slots are slightly wide allowing some slight adjustment which I thought would be a problem but is actually the opposite as it's able to sit on more uneven ground and still be stable. Have not used it inside the top of the kettle to cook on so can't comment on that but can't see it being a problem as the principle is sound and simple. I see that use as a bonus. Overall a great addition. (Dodano 11.08.2022)
- No more black rings on the tables
- At long last a product that fills a need the capability of being both a fire base support and a pot stand will save the parks service a fortune in repairing table tops damaged by the placement of the base directly on to the worktop. the unit works well with my base camp set, like everything there are 1 or 2 personal preferences I would like to make but this will do until I can make a custom part (Dodano 17.11.2021)
- at last a new one
how can two simple shapes make such a vast difference no more benches with burn marks when used to support the hobo stove and I think it holds the pots better on the top. Only one thing Do not use on uneven ground otherwise excellent (used with my Ultimate 'Base Camp' Kit )
- very multifunctional pot/base support
- Works also as a great substitute for the hobo stove, at least on the trekker model! (Dodano 19.08.2020)
- 4,7 stars out of 5. Good quality. works very well for the intended purpose.
4,7 stars out of 5. Good quality. works very well for the intended purpose.
a few suggestions to make it better.
- Reduce hight about 10mm to make it fit inside the chimney for easy storage/transport.
- Make a few big holes in it to reduce weight, it will probably be strong enough.
- Make the gap for the small base (trekker) a few millimetres less. (Dodano 31.07.2020)
Normalna cena: 60,00 €
Special Price 54,00 €