Stainless Steel Vs Aluminum
Traditionally, Kelly Kettles were made from Aluminum and these kettles have been known to last for literally decades! However, in recent years in North America, Europe, Japan, Australian, etc, there has been significant move by customers away from Aluminium products and over to steel. Hence, our steel products are now significantly more popular than the traditional Aluminium kettles.
- Stainless Steel is slightly heavier than Aluminum however; it is a stronger metal and therefore more resilient to dents.
- The Aluminum kettle boils slightly faster than its steel twin as Aluminum conducts heat faster than steel.
- The Aluminum kettle is slightly cheaper than its Stainless Steel twin.
- There should be no 'taste' of either metal.
- All of our kettles come with upgraded steel fire-bases as standard (traditional aluminium bases used to burn out quite quickly). These new Steel bases can be turned into an efficient wood fired camp stove by simply dropping our hugely popular 'Hobo Stove' accessory on top. Steel has a melting point almost twice that of Aluminium.
- All of our Accessories are made from Food Grade 304 Stainless Steel (Cups, Plates, Cook Sets, Pot Support, Hobo Camp stove)
Please note: Per our instruction leaflets, the Kettle is not designed to be a water carrier. It has been designed to boil water extremely fast in all weather conditions using very little fuel. When filled with water, Kettles should always be carried upright in order to avoid any leakage from the chimney top or water spout.
That’s it really…..the choice is yours!