'Scout' 1.2 ltr (Stainless Steel) + Whistle
- Our Medium 'Scout' Kettle in Stainless Steel.
- Boils 1.2 liters of water quickly using just Sticks, Pine Cones, Dry Grass, Bark, etc. Works in ALL weather conditions.
- Perfect for Scouts, Couples, Small Families or Groups, Base Camping, Family Fun, Fishing, etc.
- Great Preparedness Item for Power Shortages, Storms & Emergency Kits.
- A popular Green Whistle has replaced the Orange stopper on this Kettle and will let you know when the water has boiled.
- Lightweight - Never carry fuel again! Height 26.5 cm. Only weighs 1 kg
- Now Comes With Upgraded Steel Fire-Base. Historically, the fire-bases were Aluminium which softened, warped and burned out quite quickly.
Add our popular Hobo Stove accessory to turn the fire-base into a stand alone wood fueled Camping Stove.
Please see our Ultimate Kit offer for best value on a Kettle + all the accessories.
Availability: En stock
This Stainless Steel kettle & steel fire-base boils 1.2ltrs (approximately 4 cups) of water at a time. This size is ideal for Anglers, Car Camping, Scouts, Picnics, Hunters, Garden Allotments, Caravaning Camping gear, Wilderness Survival kits, Humanitarian Aid, or anyone who works or plays in the outdoor.
A popular Green Whistle has replaced the Orange stopper on this Kettle and will let you know when the water has boiled.
Strong with nothing to fail or break, our kettles work extremely well in both good and harsh weather conditions. They are a vital piece of camping equipment for any outdoor person. Using whatever natural fuel is lying around (twigs, dry grass, heather, Birch bark, Pine cones, dry animal dung, etc) our kettles will bring water to the boil within a matter of minutes. Never carry fuel again.
Our kettles are cost-FREE to run, eco-friendly as they operate on carbon neutral fuels, and are great fun to use. Note: Add our Pot-Support & Cook set to prepare small amounts of food (Noodles, Rice, Oatmeal, hydrate food, etc) over the kettle while your water boils. Boil and cook at the same time using only a handful of fuel!
Better still, add our Hobo Stove accessory to turn the fire base of your kettle into a stand-alone wood fuelled Camping Stove.
See our Accessories Category for these products.
Fire Base & Drawstring carrying bag are included as Standard with each Kelly Kettle. The durable steel fire base inverts up into the bottom of our kettles to make the unit as compact as possible for transport and storage.
Please note: The Kettle has been designed to boil water extremely fast in all weather conditions using very little fuel. When filled with water, the Kelly Kettle should always be carried upright to avoid any spillage/leakage from the water spout or chimney top.
Older Kettles may have an Orange Rubber or Cork Stopper. These MUST ALWAYS be removed before using the kettle. The Kettle must never be boiled with these older stoppers in the spout.
|Diameter||Kettle width 15.5cm / Widest point of fire base is 18.5cm|
|Item Weight||1 kg / 2.18 lb|
|Product Capacity||1.2 ltr / 42.2 fl.ozs (UK)|
|Height||26.5 cm / 11 inches (Packed)|
- Total convert, this is a gem!
I first heard about the “storm kettle” years ago, saw a few cheap copies in shops and didn’t rate/ get the idea, then a knowledgeable friend recommend the Kelly kettle.
Being honest I bought one thinking it was a nostalgic bit of kit to play about with on trips alongside my fuel stoves……how wrong was I?! The stainless scout is a great in every aspect, so well designed and thought out, nothing to go wrong, it just works as intended. Add the hobo, and it’s limitless. This is now a main feature in my gear, and everyone who sees it wants one - I’ve ordered the trekker for day trips now too:) I love it, it’s such a great way to boil, cook and adds to the enjoyment of a trip outdoors, no more blasting gas stoves, just the gentle crackle and glow of a real fire. Get one now!! (Posté le 13/01/2022)
- really good bit of kit
- This is a really good bit of kit. I started with the Base kettle, this is is same just a but shorter so a lot easier to pack. I usually have a bit of standby dry wood on me though, plus a few cotton wool balls with vaseline or other fire starter, because even though there might be a lot of wood around in England it's wet a lot of the time. I love this piece of kit. (Posté le 22/06/2018)
Prix normal : 97,88 €
Special Price 94,75 €