Stainless Steel 'Trekker' Kelly Kettle (0.6ltr) - Basic Kit
Provides enough water for 1-2 people and the small cook set allows for an element of cooking.
Ideal for Trekking, Scouts, Hill Walking, Backpacking, Kayaking, Picnics or Emergency Preparedness & Bug-Out Bags. Boil Water & Cook Fast Outdoors. This kit contains:
- Trekker Kettle (0.6 liter), fire-base & green whistle.
- Cook set - which includes 0.45ltr Pot
- Frying Pan (pot lid)
- 2 Piece Grill - place on the fire-base to grill over the coals or, simply create a secure base for the Pot to sit on.
- Gripper Handle.
- Pot/Fire-Base Support - use to either cook items over the chimney as the kettle boils, or use under the fire-base to prevent ground scorch to lawns, decking or picnic tables.
- Drawstring Storage Bag.
All items are stainless steel and fit neatly within the kettle/bag for transport/storage.
A popular Green Whistle lets you know when the water is boiled.
Please Note: The Hobo Stove, Cups & Plates are NOT INCLUDED in this Basic kit.
Please see product description below for details for the various cooking options that this kit provides ;-)
Total Kit Weight kg 0.98 / 2.15 lb
Availability: En stock
Prix normal : 85,50 €
Special Price 82,38 €
A highly efficient Outdoor camping kit which is suitable for solo campers, Trekkers, Hikers, Kayakers, Backpackers, Bikers, and all outdoors enthusiasts who need to keep their pack light. A great addition to your Car Camping gear and a vital item for a Wilderness Survival Kit or Disaster kit. This lightweight kettle + Steel cook set + Steel Pot Support all fit neatly together into their own drawstring carrying bag which can be put into or carried hanging from a Rucksack or Backpack..
A popular Green Whistle has replaced the Orange stopper on this Kettle and will let you know when the water has boiled.
This 'Basic Kit' includes the following items:
- 0.6ltr Stainless Steel 'Trekker' Kettle & fire base. (New model kettle, no rivets & laser welded)
- Cook set - which includes: 0.45ltr Pot / Frying Pan (pot lid) / 2 Piece Grill / Gripper Handle
- New Model Pot / Base Support - two pieces which flat pack for easy packing.
- Fire-Base and Drawstring carrying bag
As there is no need to carry fuel, this kit will keep your pack light and save you money at the same time - never worry about running out of fuel again! All fit neatly within the kettle itself for transport or storage.
Cost FREE to run! Simply gather deadwood, twigs, dry grass, pine cones or whatever natural fuel you find lying around in the area and you can bring 6 cups of water to the boil within a matter of minutes while at the same time (and using the same fuel) cook small amounts of food over the chimney (using the pot on the support) as the kettle boils. Hence, a very small amount of fuel will both boil your water for hot drinks, washing up, personal hygiene, etc. and cook your meal at the same time! This kit works in ALL weather conditions.
For more details on how best to use the Pot-Support and Cook set, please go to our Frequently asked Questions page. If more than 0.6 ltrs of boiling water is required (this kettle will easily and quickly boil water for a small group within a matter of minutes) simply refill the kettle with water and place it back on the firebase. Refuel the chimney again and your kettle will boil again within approx. 3 minutes.
The durable steel fire base inverts up into the bottom of our kettles to make the unit as compact as possible for transport and storage.
Please note: The Kettle has been designed to boil water extremely fast in all weather conditions using very little fuel. When filled with water, the Kelly Kettle should always be carried upright to avoid any spillage/leakage from the water spout or chimney top.
Older Kettles may have an Orange Rubber or Cork Stopper. These MUST ALWAYS be removed before using the kettle. The Kettle must never be boiled with these older stoppers in the spout.
|Diameter||Kettle width 12cm / Widest point of fire base is 14cm|
|Item Weight||0.98kg / 2.15lb|
|Product Capacity||0.6ltr / 21.1oz (UK)|
|Height||27cm / 10.6 inches (packed)|
- Trekker Kettle Great Choice
- I own 3 Kelly Kettles and due to Covid have as yet only used the Trekker Kettle to make my coffee at work and have a small tub full of coffee, coffee mate and sweetener which all mixes well together and use it on my pop-up steps as it protects the ground from scorching - looking forward to trying the others bike packing !! (Posté le 13/07/2021)
- Best prepper item on the market bar none
- I've 2 of the 64 oz kettles. I'm looking forward to adding the trekker to my BOB. It's absolutely the very best set up for doing "multi-taskimg".With the ability to cook and boil your water at the same time. It REALLY can get you on your way sooooooo much faster. The Base camp kettle is what I use while I'm in camp, but when I'm out on patrol, this trekker WILL be my go to. I'm constantly thinking that I can do better than my Kelly Kettle, then the light comes on and I know that I'm fooling myself and wasting time and that I won't do better. (Posté le 06/08/2018)